Translate Documents for Public Institutions in Different Countries

Translate Documents for Public Institutions in Different Countries

If you imagine that translators only deal with literary works or academic papers, you are mistaken! The field is quite broad, and it encompasses anything from highly-technical sketches to development plans for large companies.

Still, the one sector that we come in contact with a lot, is the public one. The liberalisation of the workforce market and a more flexible approach towards travelling and/or changing the country of residence created a special niche where public institutions need the assistance of experienced translators.

So, we also translate documents for public institutions, but for this, we need to be up to date with a set of rules.

Can Anyone Translate Documents for Public institutions?

So, how difficult is it to translate a birth certificate or a marriage certificate? After all, it only has a few lines of text and some dates, right?

Well, even though there isn’t much text to translate, the translator needs to follow the rules specified by the public authority responsible with such documents, from the country you are going to use the document.

This is why legal documents require accredited translation (done by a company or an individual translator who is accredited to handle such tasks).

Otherwise, the translation won’t be considered legal and you won’t be able to use the document in relation to any institution. This will delay your plans and can even mean a lost job or a blown opportunity to start a new life path, in a different country. Are you willing to stake all these?

Furthermore, depending on the situation, public institutions require other document translations as well. As a result, the translation can get a lot more complex than a certificate.

Differences Between Public Institutions

Depending on the original language and the language the document is being translated into, you will encounter differences in format, expression, terminology, and even content. As a result, the translator must be familiar with different practices in both cases in order to deliver an accurate translation that can be accepted by the new country.

For this, translation agencies collaborate with translators from all over the globe. A native will know how to use the right terms and verbiage while also being up to date with the rules regarding translation in their own country.

Are There Special Translators for this Job?

Public institutions don’t cover (or provide help with) the translation, but you can always employ the services of a translation agency. In fact, most certified translation agencies (like Translations123) will be able to provide an accurate translation of a certificate.

Still, before you decide on an agency, make sure to read reviews from other customers (it’s always best to know your business partner, even if it’s just a short contract). Also, ask them if they are accredited to work with legal documents, if they cover the languages you want, and specify the type of translation you need.

The good news is that you can do this job online, without wasting any time! For instance, if you send us an inquiry with a description of your translation needs, we can take the task off your hands.

So, don’t waste any more time – let us know your translation needs!