Are French Degrees Recognised in the UK? [And Abroad]

Are French Degrees Recognised in the UK? [And Abroad]

Can French people use their degrees and qualifications to study or work abroad? In most cases, there shouldn’t be a problem, but you have to go through a few steps. Plus, keep in mind that there is a difference between having your French degree recognised in the EU vs the UL and other countries outside the EU. 

French qualifications are not automatically recognized by a country outside the EU, but they can be used to prove your level of qualification if the documents are translated by a sworn translator, like the ones in our team. When your documents are translated by a sworn translator, they receive official status and can be used in official communications with various institutions.

The team at Translations123 is at your disposal for official document translations (educational, financial, and even vital records). Send us a request now and learn more about our services!

Are foreign qualifications recognised in the UK?

As a rule, the UK only recognises qualifications from countries considered to be of an equivalent standard to UK qualifications (such as the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). As a French national and a European citizen, your qualifications are recognised in the UK, as long as they are translated according to the required standards.

What are the necessary requirements to have your academic qualifications recognised?

Earn more about how to start this process (having your academic qualifications recognised abroad), visit the ENIC/NARIC centre’s website and find the countries of interest to you. Here, you’ll find information (in French, nonetheless) on how to proceed to get your degree recognized.

Overall, it’s important to make sure that valuable details don’t get lost in translation. Things like the duration of your study, the length of your employment, and other elements are important when you’re trying to get a job or a scholarship abroad. This is why, when looking for a translator, you have to find an agency with experience in translating official documents.

A sworn translator who knows the terminology and the template they need to use for each type of document will make sure your translation is on-point, accurate, and according to regulations. This way, you can be certain your translated documents will be accepted by governmental institutions. 

Does this Help French Erasmus Students?

If you are considering the Erasmus program, then getting your qualifications recognised is part of the process. However, it’s important to check and make sure that both partner universities have signed exchange agreements that allow French students (and others) to study in a different country. 

Of course, you will have to provide your target university with an official translation of your academic documents. 

At the end of the day, there are several reliable educational and employment programs that help French nationals study and work abroad. However, regardless of your target country and niche, you can’t start the recognition process without an accurate translation of your documents

So whether you are a student looking for some cultural exchange or an employee in search of a better life, you will need the services of a reliable translation agency like Translations123!