Certified Translation of Documents for Residence Card or British Citizenship

Certified Translation of Documents for Residence Card or British Citizenship

The UK is one of the countries with the most varied population in Europe since it gathers together people from all over the world. According to the latest data, starting with 1945, the UK has received quite a significant number of immigrants from the former colonies (India, Pakistan, Caribbean, South Africa, and so on) and more recently (starting with 2004) from Eastern and Central European countries.

Now, the British government offers immigrants the possibility to become citizens (by getting British citizenship) or receive permanent residence (get a Permanent Residence Card), depending on the case. However, in order to become a citizen or a permanent resident, one needs to submit a written request accompanied by a certified English translation of their original documents.

This is where a translation agency like Translations123 can be of help to someone looking to change their status in the UK. We can help you with Spanish to English document translation, German into English, Italian to English, and so on. 

Following Brexit negotiations and rumours regarding a drastic change in the way the UK will deal with immigration and immigrants post-Brexit, we noticed more and more people interested in clarifying their situation in the United Kingdom. As such, the requests for certified translation of documents for Residence Card or British citizenship have tripled in the last few months. 

It’s important to know that, if the translation of the requested documents is not accurate and correct, your request will be denied. So, it’s best to contact our team of specialised linguists and pay the price of a certified translation agency than to restart the process and waste valuable time. 

Moreover, you should know which option is best fitted for your current needs. 

Residence Card or Citizenship?

Both submissions require numerous documents, and since you are applying to become a citizen or a resident in the UK, they must be in English. This is why you need the assistance of an official translation service provider who can guide you through the process and deliver an accurate and reliable translation of official documents (birth and marriage certificates, education diplomas, and more). 

Our translators have lots of experience working with documents for immigration purposes, and they can offer valuable advice and insight in both situations. Moreover, all our certified translations are accepted by UK government bodies and other EU governmental agencies.

Certified Translation of Documents for Residence Card

The team at Tanslations123 offers reliable certified translations from several languages into English, carried out by translators with extensive knowledge of the immigration system and the documents required. 

For instance, if you plan to apply for Permanent Residence card, you’re only eligible if you’ve lived in the UK for five years (more details here). Of course, there are some exceptions from this rule, but for most applicants, this time period is mandatory. 

The list of documents you must provide is quite extensive (can be found here), but items like passport, national identity card, marriage or civil partnership certificate, and more must be translated by a certified agency. 

Also, it’s important to keep in mind that most Permanent Residence documents will not be valid after 31 December 2020. So, to continue to live in the UK, you need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, which may require the translation of other documents. 

Certified Translation of Documents for British Citizenship

Depending on your current situation, you will be asked to provide several documents that prove you are settled in the country and haven’t left for extended periods of time. You also need to provide proof of your identity and proof of residence.

Just like with the PR card, the Home Office needs certified translations of all documents that are not written in English or Welsh. This means that the translations must be accompanied by a statement of the “true and accurate translation” and the name of the company that did the job with the official stamps and seal. Otherwise, your application has a big chance of being denied.  

Wrap Up

Our team of native speakers and highly experienced linguists can take good care of your translation needs for immigration purposes. We are well-versed in translating official documents and all our translations can be used for applications to various institutions in the UK or the EU.  

So, don’t waste your time with freelance translators or people who most likely will use Google Translate on your documents! Send us an inquiry today by filling in the Get a Quote form or give us a call